Friday 7 February 2014

February Inspiration
Three New Layouts to Share
By Di Garling

"Precious"

Hello everyone, Di Garling back with you again. Today I have three
NEW layouts to share with you, starting off with this one that features
my NEW Grandaughter, Mia. In this pic she was just one day old & I
think she is just soooooo sweet.  Love her to bits.

Naturally I have used lots of gorgeous Green Tara products, including 
one of their many "laces" which I tucked in along the bottom of the page.


Starting off with two different colors of  "Herringbone Ribbon" in aqua & peach.
I simply placed a few strips of this ribbon in behind my photo along with yet another
 of  the many Green Tara "Laces", they have so many to choose from.


The chipboard I have used here is from 2 Crafty chipboard.


Here I have tied a bow using some of the "Double Sided Satin Ribbon".
I have also sprayed one of the Green Tara "Azelea" flowers & some of
their "Roses" to get just the right shade to match the peach herringbone ribbon.
 I have also added some turquoise "Mini Rosebuds"  & "Roses".


Here you can see another cluster featuring more "Roses" which again
I have sprayed with Mist to get just the right shade.



"Favourite"

For my second layout I have again gone with soft pastels
which are a perfect compliment to these beautiful white
Green Tara blooms. I have based my layout on a sketch,
which I rotated,  from Skissedella.


Firstly to frame my pics I have used some Green Tara "Wire Cord" in white
 to create a circular frame to draw focus to my photo. This cord is great,
 because it has wire in it you can bend it anyway & it stays put.


Here you can see the fabulous white "Wild Rose" with the jewel centre
 teamed with a couple of "3cm Silk Flowers with a Swarovski Crystal Centres"
  & a tiny bunch of "Mini Rosebuds" & finished off with some green "Velvet Leaves".


Next up I have tucked in a couple of pieces of "Silver Crystal/Pearl Stems"
to add a touch of opulence. Whenever I use these sprays I always break them
into a few pieces & just tuck a little in here & there.


Layered underneath for photo (if you look close) you will see some pieces
of  "Silver Mesh" ribbon. This is just glorious, so fine & delicate & always
adds a touch of glamour. It makes the most wonderful bows too.

Notice on the Green "Velvet Leaves" I have twisted the wire ends
 to create little tendrils, instead of just cutting them off.
Adds a realistic look, don't you think?


"Love"

This layout I created is of my youngest son & his new wife.
They are such a beautiful couple.

I did an online tutorial over at Pop & Colours #2 with the super talented Georgia Heald
& I have created this layout using the techniques that she taught.
Lots of background treatments, mists, paints & stamping.
Basically all of my favourite things.


Here you can see I have used a few different Green Tara "Washi Tapes".
They have a huge range of Washi to choose from.


In this pic you can see the black "Apple Blossom", black "Mini Rosebuds",
a small black "Rose" & this beautiful teale "Gardenia" is actually white &
 I have simply misted it to achieve the perfect colour to match my layout.


and some  more......


I love this quote & I think it sums them up perfectly.

All of my chipboard used here is from 2 Crafty chipboard.
 .
Well thats all from me, until next month.



8 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing Di! So much inspiration, love the baby one! So so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational projects Di, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRULY AMAZING layouts Di... all 3 of them are FULL of GORGEOUS Details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pages are so inspiring Di, love them to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Di! You are so talented!!! This three pages are stunning all three of them!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your works are always amazing, Di!!
    So beautiful like magic!!

    ReplyDelete