Tuesday 10 December 2013

Two Layouts plus Christmas Bunting
By Maria Featon



"I Love You Because..." 


Hello Green Tara followers! I'm back to share two new layouts plus a Christmas decorating project. My first layout has a light, feminine feel achieved by clustering pretty flowers and adding layers of trim. 

I just love the variety of textures of Green Tara fabric blooms!
 In this cluster I have used a dusty pink Velvet Rose, 
a pale pink organza Primula and a white silk Sakura flower.



I've also included a couple of white paper Cherry Blossoms
to add textural contrast and complete the cluster. 


Here I have layered Organza Satin Hearts over dusty pink Herringbone ribbon, 
then placed that on top of a strip of silver Crushed Organza. The bow of Crushed 
Organza was then tied and attached by my favourite method which is needle and
 thread as it is secure and helps the bow to sit nicely on the layout. 


...............................................................................................


"Pearl"


For my second layout I was aiming for an elegant, vintage 
look to suit the photo of my grandmother in the 1930's. 


The focal point of the main cluster is a burgundy Damask fabric and organza flower.
 I've teamed it with a light brown Primula, black Lace Pearl bloomcherry
coloured Gardenia and a cream Cherry Blossom that I've altered with a Distress Marker.
 The last three flowers were also used in the cluster to the top right to echo the first one. 



I've used the Organza Satin Hearts ribbon in black in a different way on this layout
 I actually cut it in half down the middle and tucked it behind a paper layer so that only
 the delicate, scalloped edge can be seen poking out. The black Skeleton Mesh was also
 cut in half to make it narrower and layered behind the burgundy Vertical Stripe Satin Ribbon
to add more layers of texture. As a finishing touch I've coated two Metal Embellishment
 Corners with tarnished brass Distress Stain and popped them on the corners of my photo. 


...........................................................................................

"Christmas Bunting" 


Here's a little something I whipped up to decorate the shop I work in. 
I actually made it into a class which proved to be very popular. 
When I thought of Christmas and flowers, the red Poinsettia of course
 came to mind so it became the focal embellishment on my project.
 I can't get enough of the coffee coloured Burlap Ribbon I've used along the top.
 In fact I think I'd better start buying it by the roll! It's just so versatile. 
To finish off the bunting I've added gold bows of Crushed Organza ribbon. 
                           Now I'm feeling inspired to create some more of these in different themes.





Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today to check out my creations.
This is my last post for the year so I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas 
and a Happy New Year. Take care! 

Maria x 




8 comments:

  1. Stunning creations Maria!!!! Love the soft colours in the first layout and the vintage feel in the other one! Great banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely Maria.. love your elegant layouts and love the bunting too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Maria - love the use of colour for emphasis in your vintage layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! all of these creations are SENSATIONAL Maria..... That banner is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects as always Maria, especially love the vintage one, sooo beautiful. The bunting looks great too. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous projects Maria! I can see why the Christmas bunting is such a popular class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Projects! Love the softness of the first layout! Love the banners! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the banner, the use of hessian along the top looks really good.

    ReplyDelete