Friday 10 August 2012

Floral Headband By JJ Sobey


 
Today I wanted to share a tutorial for a floral headband, featuring flowers and trims from Green Tara.  
 I started with a simple plastic headband:


First, I adhered 15mm Double Sided Satin Ribbon to the outside.  
 
 
The edges will stick out a bit, but that's OK...Because the next step is to wrap the entire headband with 9mm Satin Edged Organza.  It will hold the previous ribbon's edges exactly where you want them, while creating a pretty stripe.  I tucked under the ends and glued.


                Next, you can start decorating with pretty flowers and embellishments. Glue everything with             your  favourite  liquid adhesive (I used 450 Quick Dry). I started with this 8cm Velvet Rose:



                                                             
 The next thing  I added was a Sakura Flower.


                             Next, a few smaller flowers, such as these 3cm Organza Pearl Flowers:



Then finish it off with some leaves or greenery.  I chose to cut apart one of the 21cm Silver/Acrylic/Spray - Flowers and Leaves. You can use one of the leaves here:


And in this shot you can see more of the beaded part from the spray:


I hope you'll take a peek through your favorite Green Tara flowers and trims and give this a try.  Post a link on our Facebook page if you do - we would love to see it!"

Green Tara Products Used
Supplies (Green Tara):

8 comments:

  1. OMG This is just gorgeous, I think you have inspired me to do one now, I have a gorgeous little girl in my life that would love a gift like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow JJ. This is just so beautiful. Love how you have used the Green Tara flowers. Gorgeous.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Perfect for any princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely!!! Another reason to buy more Green Tara flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What little or even big girl wouldn't love this, well done

    ReplyDelete