Thursday 21 June 2012

"Dream" Layout & Some Cards
By Di Garling



Hello everyone, thanks for calling by the blog. Today I wanted to show you a page  I did a little while back which I used one of the NEW larger "Heirloom" Fabric Flowers on. Now I needed a grey flower to go with my layout & unfortunately I didn't have one, soooooo I used a black one & gave it a light spray with a White mist & hey presto, I had a grey one. Too easy. I have also used a smaller size chippie word "Dream" from
 2 Crafty of course.


I have also used some gorgeous Green Tara Roses which I  also sprayed a couple with the white mist to create grey ones. I threw in my favourite Green Tara White Gardenias which I lightly inked with silver to create a grey look to fit in with my colour scheme. If you look closely at the roses  you will see I have curled the wires to create little tendrils. Just a nice finish to such a sweet flower.


I have used yet another Green Tara product on my page as well, one of their many  beautiful laces. They have so many beautiful laces sometimes it is hard to choose which one to use!!!


This was a gorgeous pic of my lovely God Daughter when she was about eight months pregnant & I wanted a layout that  showcased these pics well. I thought lovely pics, lovely flowers & lace, all so girly.
I hope I have given you some inspiration for your next project. Think outside the square when it comes to flowers!!! 

Green Tara Products Used
CODE: L2902OW
CODE: XF9213BL
CODE: FDV054Wh
CODE: FDR024BL
CODE: FDR009Wh
CODE: FDV025Wh

Now For Some Cards

I made these cards the other week for a Card Class I was holding at my shop. I do love this colour combination & I absolutely love this Green Tara Satin Edged Organza Ribbon. I think it really makes a statement. I have used some gorgeous 2 Crafty chipboard Card Greeting Words & one of their beautiful Butterflies as well. I have teamed it with some Green Tara Roses, Cherry Blossoms & some hand made flowers  I made up as well. I have also used  one of  the Green Tara  Flower Sprays on the card on the right. Because these Flower Sprays are wired, I just twist the wire to make it look a little bit more real & then I curve it to go around the doiley on the front of my card.

Green Tara Products Used
CODE: RB16Li
CODE: FLC22VW
CODE: PFSTPu
CODE: FDR024Wh
CODE: FDR009Wh
Well thats all from me today. Until next time.
Cheers Di  xo

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and love the cards too........the flower looks great grey

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layout Di, love all the textures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di I just sawa this now and its sensational!! so gorgeous!! wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely awesome - love your colour combos on the cards and your page is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing page...love the texture and details...so soft and elegent!

    ReplyDelete