Monday 13 February 2012

Making Tendrils for Flowers
by Di Garling

Hi everyone. Today I would like to share a little tip that I use all the time with my flower clusters, just to add a touch of class. A lot of you probobly already do this, but for those of you that don't, I think you will like this extra little touch.
Firstly take a Green Tara Rose, these usually come with this little green wire attached & I always use my Awl. If you don't have one of these tools a skewer or something similar will do.
 Next I hold the end of the wire with my thumb on the spike of my tool & just start rotating so as to curl the wire around the Awl.
Now just slide your tool out of the spiral & hey presto, all done. There you have a sweet little tendril hanging from your rosebud. Now all you have to do is glue the rose onto your layout. How easy was that???
If you look closely at this picture (click on picture to enlarge it) you will see three little tendrils spilling out from around my flower cluster. It just adds a touch of realism to your flowers. Thanks for stopping by. Until next time.  Cheers Di  xo


1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool idea. I was chopping my wire stems off (or pulling them off) and then doing tendrils. Now I can leave them on and still use, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete