Monday 21 November 2011

Christmas Treat Box by Vicky Alberto




PAPER HOUSE TREAT BOX

My inspiration for this treat box came from cupcake boxes that I saw on Amazon.com made by Meri Meri. Then, I remembered seeing many people doing birdhouse boxes using milk carton style dies or downloadable files (many companies make these) last Spring. Since it is a simple box concept, I decided to make my own "template" so I could share it with you.

I used the Gorgeous Pion Design "Waiting for Santa" papers and some amazing Green Tara Christmas embellies (supply list below) to create this. In addition to the instructions provided below, I added a hanging gift tag (using a scallop circle and hole punch), a second roof layer (deco scissored edges) and glued part of the striped paper to make the window trim.

Green Tara Embellishments Used:
Self Adhesive Xmas Trees 27mm 10m Roll Silver (cut off 2)
CODE: RB717S
Wire Star 3cm Red Pack of 5 (use 1)
CODE: WS177R
3mm Bead Garland, Silver (to trim the window and hand the tag and star)
CODE: RBY06S
3mm Bead Garland, Red (cut up and decorate trees)
CODE: RBY06R
9mm Shimmer Threaded ribbon, Red 20m (2 strips for the chimney)
CODE: RB6737R

(click on diagram above to enlarge). I don't own a score board yet (on my Christmas wish list) so I just measured and folded on the edge of my paper cutter. I kept the dimensions as easy as possible for a 12x12 sheet. This can actually be made with one sheet of double sided paper if you'd like. It is a good size to fill with treats and stands about 5 inches tall.
Thanks for popping by. Until next time. Vicky xx



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Vicky - I'll be making a few for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks vicky for making this. have you even tried Black and Golad Balloon Garland Kit from House of Party?

    ReplyDelete